Spring Season starts on February 9th! Click here to register!
Welcome to Girls on the Run of the High Country! Our program started in 2009 and we enthusiastically serve the girls of Watauga, Ashe, Wilkes and Avery Counties. We’re thrilled to have the ASU Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina Institute for Health and Human Services, within the College of Health Sciences, as our affiliate sponsor.
Girls on the Run is a positive youth development after school program for 3rd-8th grade girls and part of an international organization with over 120,000 participants on an annual basis. We have a highly interactive 24 lesson curriculum that combines self-esteem enhancing lessons with uplifting workouts. At the end of the program, young girls are empowered with a sense of achievement when they complete a 5k race with hundreds of other Girls on the Run participants. The aim is to develop the whole girl; her physical, mental, emotional and social self.
- To provide life-changing, high quality programs for girls
- To provide life-changing and high quality experiences to the women developing and delivering the programs
- To promote and provide an environment that allows girls and women to reach their full potential
- To positively transform how girls and women perceive themselves and their place in society
We Honor Our Core Values
- Recognize our power and responsibility to be intentional in our decision making
- Embrace our differences and find strength in our connectedness
- Express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions
- Nurture our physical, emotional and spiritual health
- Lead with an open heart and assume positive intent
- Stand up for ourselves and others